We've redesigned our website, please let us know what you think.

IU to offer free well-being workshop incorporating yoga and art over Zoom

<p>The inside of the Eskenazi Museum of Art is pictured. A two-hour yoga and personal well-being workshop will take place from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Nov. 14 via Zoom.  </p>

The inside of the Eskenazi Museum of Art is pictured. A two-hour yoga and personal well-being workshop will take place from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Nov. 14 via Zoom. 

Taryn Kintanar, studio manager at Vibe Yoga Studio, and Lauren Daugherty, art therapist and arts-based wellness experiences manager at the Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Museum of Art, will be conducting a two-hour yoga and personal wellbeing workshop from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Nov. 14 via Zoom.  

This session will offer participants a multitude of activities including yoga, meditation and journaling. Participants can practice mental well-being techniques such as mindful movement, breath, reflection and art-making during the two-hour event, according to the Eskenazi Museum website.

Participants are asked to have a yoga mat, towel, water, something to journal with, and some art supplies , such as colored pencils, paper, magazines for collage, a glue stick and scissors ready for the class. 

This session is part of a series of events called “Self-Care Saturday.” These events occur once a month.  

The event is free but space is limited. Participants should RSVP on the art museum’s events page to be provided with a Zoom link.  

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments