We've redesigned our website, please let us know what you think.

IU football earns highest AP Poll ranking since 1993 at No. 17

<p>Senior defensive lineman Michael Ziemba puts his arm around redshirt junior linebacker Thomas Allen with redshirt sophomore quarterback Jack Tuttle on Oct. 24 in Memorial Stadium. The IU football players watched as the referee confirmed the final touchdown in double overtime  against Penn State University.</p>

Senior defensive lineman Michael Ziemba puts his arm around redshirt junior linebacker Thomas Allen with redshirt sophomore quarterback Jack Tuttle on Oct. 24 in Memorial Stadium. The IU football players watched as the referee confirmed the final touchdown in double overtime against Penn State University.

IU football has earned its highest ranking in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll since 1993.

IU comes in at No. 17 in the AP Poll and were ranked No. 19 in the Amway Coaches Poll.

The polls come in after IU’s 36-35 upset of Penn State, the first IU victory over a top 10 team since 1987. It was also the first victory over a ranked opponent in head coach Tom Allen’s tenure.

After not being ranked for 25 years, this is the Hoosiers’ second appearance in the AP poll in two seasons. IU was ranked No. 24 in Week 11 last season after defeating Northwestern 34-3.

The Hoosiers were ranked No. 17 in week 10 of the AP Poll in 1993.

IU is 1-0 and will travel to Piscataway, New Jersey, to play Rutgers on Oct. 31.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments