Bomb threat made Thursday morning at Franklin Hall, nothing suspicious found

<p>Signs direct students where to go for mitigation testing Aug. 27 outside of Franklin Hall. IU Police Department Chief Jill Lees said nothing suspicious was found after sweeping the building after a suspicious person and bomb threat was reported around 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Franklin Hall.</p>

Signs direct students where to go for mitigation testing Aug. 27 outside of Franklin Hall. IU Police Department Chief Jill Lees said nothing suspicious was found after sweeping the building after a suspicious person and bomb threat was reported around 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Franklin Hall.

IU Police Department responded to a suspicious person and bomb threat around 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Franklin Hall, Chief Jill Lees said. Nothing suspicious was found after sweeping the building. 

A woman not affiliated with IU and experiencing mental health issues walked into Franklin and began claiming there was a bomb in the building, Lees said. Officers placed her in handcuffs, which is standard policy, and didn’t find any type of device on her. She was then taken to IU Health Bloomington Hospital.  

As an extra protocol, K-9 Officer Ryan Skaggs and his bomb-sniffing dog Zeus swept the building to check for anything suspicious, in addition to IUPD officers reviewing building camera footage, Lees said.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.