bloomington coronavirus

2 more City of Bloomington Utilities employees test positive for COVID-19

coronavirusfiller

Two more city employees tested positive today for COVID-19, taking the number of municipal workers who have received positive viral test results to nine. One employee began experiencing symptoms July 17 and the other July 19, and both have self-isolated since their symptoms began. The employees did not expose members of the public to the virus because they do not work with members of the public regularly.

Both employees work for the City of Bloomington Utilities Transmission and Distribution services division, which has now had four cases among its employees. The workers were identified through contact tracing when one of their co-workers tested positive on July 20. They were tested the same day. All four workers are on paid leave.

The city is following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines to contact trace and sanitize the employees' workspaces, vehicles and equipment to prevent further spread of the virus.

Mayor John Hamilton also received positive COVID-19 antibody results in early July, which indicates he probably had the coronavirus, putting the number of municipal employees to have had the virus most likely at 10.