sports   |   men's soccer

IU athletes awarded Big Ten postgraduate scholarships

spiuscholarships053120

Former IU soccer goalkeeper Sean Caulfield and women's tennis player Michelle McKamey are the recipients of Big Ten postgraduate scholarships. The scholarships are worth $7,500 each. Sam House and Alexis Oser

Women’s tennis player Michelle McKamey and former IU men’s soccer goalkeeper Sean Caulfield were selected as recipients of Big Ten postgraduate scholarships, the league announced last week.

Two student-athletes were selected from each of the 14 Big Ten schools as recipients of the scholarship. 

The scholarships, worth $7,500 each, are awarded based on academic achievement and are used to pay for expenses of a graduate-level education.

McKamey graduated with a degree in community health in May 2020 and will attend the IU School of Optometry in the fall. 

McKamey led the Hoosiers with a 16-8 singles record in the 2019-2020 season. She was also awarded a Big Ten Distinguished Scholar Award and earned Academic All-Big Ten honors.

Caulfield graduated from IU with a bachelor’s degree in finance in May 2018. He will attend Stetson University College of Law in the fall.

Caulfield made eight starts and 22 saves as a senior in 2019. He earned the 2019 Indiana University Athletics Scholastic Achievement Award and was selected Academic All-Big Ten four times.

More in Sports