We've redesigned our website, please let us know what you think.

IU softball rising freshman Grace Lorsung to compete in All-American game

<p>The IU softball team awaits then sophomore, now junior Grayson Radcliffe on March 17, 2019, after she hits a grand slam against Saint Francis University. IU softball incoming freshman catcher Grace Lorsung recorded a .485 career batting average with 114 RBI, 121 runs scored and 25 home runs in three seasons for Cathedral High School in Indianapolis.</p>

The IU softball team awaits then sophomore, now junior Grayson Radcliffe on March 17, 2019, after she hits a grand slam against Saint Francis University. IU softball incoming freshman catcher Grace Lorsung recorded a .485 career batting average with 114 RBI, 121 runs scored and 25 home runs in three seasons for Cathedral High School in Indianapolis.

IU softball incoming freshman catcher Grace Lorsung will compete in the PGFnetwork High School All-American game, according to an announcement last week.

The game is scheduled to take place Aug. 1 in Irvine, California.

In three seasons at Cathedral High School in Indianapolis, Lorsung posted a .485 career batting average with 114 RBI, 121 runs scored and 25 home runs.

As a junior in 2019, Lorsung hit .616 along with 60 RBI and 12 home runs. As a result, Lorsung was awarded the 2019 Johnny Bench Catching Award in Indiana and named to the IndyStar Softball Super Team.

Lorsung has also been tabbed to the All-USA team twice.

"Grace is a stud behind the plate with a tremendously strong arm,” IU head softball coach Shonda Stanton said in a release. “She has the athleticism to play third base as well and will be a force in the heart of the line-up. Her leadership qualities make her a natural as a field general and she will build a great rapport with our pitching staff."

Lorsung originally committed to IU last summer. She will arrive in Bloomington as a part of a four-person recruiting class.

The Hoosiers got off to a 12-9 start in the 2020 season before the remainder of the games were canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments