IU men's golfers take All-America Scholar honors

<p>Brock Ochsenreiter walks after hitting a shot in 2019 at the Crooked Stick Invitational at Crooked Stick Golf Course in Carmel, Indiana. Ochsenreiter was named Academic All-Big Ten during his junior season.</p>

Brock Ochsenreiter walks after hitting a shot in 2019 at the Crooked Stick Invitational at Crooked Stick Golf Course in Carmel, Indiana. Ochsenreiter was named Academic All-Big Ten during his junior season.

IU men’s golf had a program record four golfers named to the Srixon/Cleveland All-America Scholars, the program announced last week.

Senior Brock Ochsenreiter and graduate student Jack Sparrow were both named All-America Scholars for the second time while at IU. Sophomore Harry Reynolds and junior Ethan Shepard both made the list for the first time.

In order to qualify for the award, athletes must be a sophomore, junior or senior with a cumulative career GPA of 3.2 or higher while competing in 40% of their team's competitions. Division I athletes must also post a strokeaverage of less than 76.

Ochsenreiter ended the year with a career average of 73.54, ranking fifth all-time in Indiana men’s golf history. He was also named Academic All-Big Ten during his junior season.

Sparrow averaged 74.5 in 16 rounds this season and shot a season-best 69 in the first round of Windon Memorial.

Reynolds earned a pair of top-30 finishes at the Windon Memorial and the Steelwood Collegiate events this season.

Shepard’s career average finished at 74.17, which is the 10th best in IU school history.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments