Bloomington Playwrights Project, Adirondack Theatre Festival announce new interactive experiences

<p>Bloomington Playwrights Project is located at 107 W. 9th St. The Bloomington Playwrights Project and the Adirondack Theatre Festival will present a series of interactive virtual experiences this season in lieu of in-person performances.</p>

Bloomington Playwrights Project is located at 107 W. 9th St. The Bloomington Playwrights Project and the Adirondack Theatre Festival will present a series of interactive virtual experiences this season in lieu of in-person performances.

Chad Rabinovitz, the producing artistic director for both the Bloomington Playwrights Project and Adirondack Theatre Festival, announced a season of interactive virtual experiences. The season is branded as “In the Box Entertainment” presented both by the Bloomington Playwrights Project and Adirondack Theatre Festival. The season will run from September to February.

“Our goal from the start was to create entertainment that isn’t a consolation prize for not having live theatre, but instead to develop an iteration of live theatre that benefits specifically from being digital,” Rabinovitz said. “We’re not putting our art form on Zoom, we’re creating an art form for Zoom.” 

The season features an interactive cruise, magic show, a holiday talent show and more. Each experience — excluding magic — will be written by playwright Hank Greene and directed by Rabinovitz. 

All shows are ticketed live performances.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.