crime & courts

Two men arrested Monday after reported armed robbery

Two men were arrested after reportedly physically assaulting and attempting to rob someone at gunpoint around 3:20 a.m. Monday near the 2800 block of North Dunn Street, according to an email from Bloomington Police Department Capt. Ryan Pedigo.

Jared Herron of Bloomington, 23, and Isaiah Morrow of Oolitic, Indiana, 19, were arrested Monday for robbery while armed with a deadly weapon, according to the email.

A man who lives on the street called 911 and told officers he heard a gunshot and people screaming, according to the email. The man also told police an unknown vehicle was parked in his driveway.

Officers found a 24-year-old man who said he had been robbed at gunpoint walking in the roadway in the 2700 block of North Dunn Street, according to the email.

The man told officers he called one of the men involved in the robbery asking for a ride, according to the email. They picked him up at a residence on East 10th Street.

He told police Herron and Morrow were in the back seats when he entered the car, and two women were in the front seats, according to the email. He said one of the men in the back got out a handgun and pointed it at the 24-year-old's head and demanded his money. He told police Herron and Morrow then began striking him in the head.

The man told police he got out of the car when the vehicle stopped, according to the email. He said one of the men fired a gun into the air.