First Friday Gallery Walk to move online May 1

Entvirtualgallerywalk042820.jpg

The monthly First Friday Gallery Walk will take place on Zoom at 5 p.m. Friday. Viewers will hear art owners talk about their galleries, featured artists and installations in five to 10 minute walkthroughs. 

Viewers are encouraged to dress up for the event and prepare their own beverage to sip while watching. 

Before the stay-at-home order, the gallery walks took place in downtown Bloomington. Viewers would visit 10 different galleries and eat food from 5-8 p.m on the first Friday of each month.

Chelsea Sanders, owner of Blueline Media Productions, helped move the event online. Her gallery is Untitled Light Gallery.

"It brings a message of hope and inspiration that we're going to get through this," Sanders said about engaging with artwork during the pandemic.

To keep patrons engaged during to pandemic while maintaining social distancing, the organization will livestream the Zoom event on Facebook Live.

Gabe Colman, member of Gallery Walk committee and representative of The Venue Fine Arts and Gifts gallery, said this event offers both entertainment and an opportunity to support local artists.

"We are hoping to keep focus on the arts, to keep our local artists engaged, and keep our local art scene stimulated," Colman said.