RPS cancels April 7-20 move-outs due to extended stay-at-home order

After Gov. Eric Holcomb’s Friday announcement that he will extend Indiana’s stay-at-home order by two weeks, Residential Programs and Services canceled move-out appointments that were scheduled from April 7 to 20.

Holcomb will announce Monday that the order will be extended through April 20, according to the Indianapolis Star. He also extended the state’s public health emergency by 30 days, through May 3.

RPS canceled students’ move-out appointments Friday and extended the move-out deadline from May 1 to June 1. Students can reschedule their appointments online, according to a Friday update on the RPS website.

If students cannot reschedule their move-outs scheduled between April 7 and 20, they can still come during their appointment time, according to the website. Students should call the number posted on the door of their residence hall or apartment, and RPS staff will verify the student’s identity and give access to the building remotely.

Anyone with questions should call 812-855-3502 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. for further assistance.

RPS will not dispose of students’ personal belongings without attempting to contact the student first, according to its website.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.