arts performances music

Looking for November concerts? Here are a few worth considering

generic arts filler.jpg

With October behind us, November not only brings colder weather to Bloomington, but also an array of concerts. Here are some shows to look forward to this month. 

Gregory Alan Isakov on Nov. 6 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater

At 8 p.m. Nov. 6, indie-folk artist Gregory Alan Isakov will perform in Bloomington while on tour for his fourth album, “Evening Machines.” Opening for Isakov will be Luke Sital-Singh, a British singer-songwriter. Tickets start at $35 and $1 from every ticket will go toward Project Worthmore, an organization providing services such as a food share, clinics and an English language program to refugees in Isakov’s home state of Colorado. 

Chastity Belt on Nov. 7 at the Bishop

Formed in 2010, Chastity Belt is an all-girl rock group from Washington that is also on tour for its self-titled fourth album, making Bloomington its second stop in the U.S. on Nov. 7. Chastity Belt will begin at 9:30 p.m., following a performance by Strange Ranger. This show is for those 18 and over ,and tickets will cost $13 in advance and $15 at the door. 

Jimmy Eat World on Nov. 9 at the Bluebird

Best known for its hit 2001 rock song “The Middle,” Jimmy Eat World will perform Nov. 9 at the Bluebird. Doors will open at 7 p.m. with the 21-and-over show beginning at 8 p.m. The band is on tour to promote its 10th album, “Surviving.” Tickets cost $30 and can be purchased online through the Bluebird’s website. 

Houndmouth on Nov. 21 at the Bluebird

Originally from New Albany, Indiana, Houndmouth will make its way Nov. 21 to the Bluebird to perform for an audience 21 and over. The alternative-blues band is most known for its 2015 song “Sedona” and released its third album “Golden Age” in 2018. Tickets for the 8 p.m. show cost $25 and can be purchased online. 

Hawktail on Nov. 22 at the FAR Center for the Contemporary Arts

As part of the new music series Hand Picked, the acoustic band Hawktail will perform at 8 p.m. Nov. 22 at the FAR Center for the Contemporary Arts. Hawktail will make its return to Bloomington after having performed in the 2018 Lotus World Music & Arts Festival to kick off the Hand Picked series. Tickets cost $20 for general admission, $30 for VIP and can be purchased on the Buskirk-Chumley box office website.