Instant Recap: IU wraps up regular season at Purdue with chance to snap losing streak

IU holds up the Old Oaken Bucket trophy after their 26-24 win over Purdue on Nov. 26, 2016 at Memorial Stadium.

*FINAL: Ramsey walks it off with a rushing touchdown as IU wins 44-41 in double overtime.

*FIELD GOAL: Dellinger connects on the 34-yarder. Purdue has a lead for the first time today, 41-38.

*TOUCHDOWN: McFadden falls down and Hopkins is wide open for a receiving touchdown. Extra point is good, 38-38. Purdue to start on offense to begin the second overtime.

*What looked like an incomplete pass in front of the first down marker turns into a 23-yard reception thanks to a very lucky bounce off the initially targeted receiver's hands.

*TOUCHDOWN: Westbrook stays in bounds as he catches a 14-yard pass in the near corner of the end zone. Justus adds the extra point and IU takes a 38-31 lead. Purdue has a chance to match.

*Purdue wins the overtime coin toss and elects to start on defense. IU will get the ball from the 25-yard line.

*Ramsey can't complete a pass and regulation is over, we're headed to overtime.

*Reese Taylor breaks up the pass on 4th and 7. IU gets the ball back on their own 40 with seven seconds left.

*Another double-penalty call against IU's defense moves the ball up to Purdue's own 35-yard line.

*David Ellis returns the kick just past the 40-yard line, but Ramsey can't complete a pass as IU goes three-and-out. Whitehead's punt is downed at the two-yard line. Purdue has 2:11 left to go down the field and win the game.

*TOUCHDOWN: The Boilermakers march down the field and Bell makes a 20-yard TD catch. Hopkins is all alone to catch the two-point conversion, and we have a tied ball game. Purdue slowly crawled back into this one, it's now 31-31 (Q4, 2:48 remaining).

*FIELD GOAL: Redshirt freshman Charles Campbell checks in for Justus and hits from 41 yards. Eight-point lead, Hoosiers up 31-23 (Q4, 5:08 remaining)

*On a big 3rd and 7, Ramsey avoids two sacks and rushes for a 21-yard pick up to get the first down.

*TOUCHDOWN: Horvath with another short rushing touchdown, but he drops the ball on what would have been a crucial two point conversion for Purdue. IU's lead is cut to just five points, 28-23 (Q4, 9:13 remaining).

*For the second time today, Purdue extends its drive thanks to a pair of defensive penalties on third down. The Boilermakers can bring it back within a one-score game if they score a touchdown here.

*Justus pushes his third field goal attempt wide today, this one from just 26 yards out. Entering today, his only missed attempt this season came on an extra point in IU's win at Nebraska.

*Fifth-year receiver Nick Westbrook displays his full-body extension for a beautiful diving grab. The pass play went for a gain of 48 yards and all of a sudden the Hoosiers are threatning again.

*On the last play of the 3rd quarter, Ramsey can't find any receivers and is able to get the first-down yardage with his legs before taking a hit.

*TOUCHDOWN: Horvath runs up the middle for a one-yard Purdue TD to cap off a six-play, 75-yard drive. IU leads 28-17 (Q3, 1:44 remaining).

*TOUCHDOWN: Philyor cuts right through Purude's defense and catches the ball at the goal line for a 37-yard touchdown. 28-10 Hoosiers (Q3, 3:30 remaining).

*O'Connell couldn't get around his blockers on 4th and 1 and the officials marked him short of the first-down marker. Another Purdue turnover on downs.

*Ramsey looks for Fryfogle in the end zone on 3rd and 10 but the defender was there to break up the pass. Justus misses another field goal wide right from the left hash, this one from 42 yards out. Still 21-10 IU.

*FUMBLE: Mullen strips Horvath on the first play of the drive. The Hoosiers get the ball back with terrific field position.

*Ramsey absorbs two sacks in Purdue territory on the first drive of the second half and IU has to punt it away. Whitehead's punt almost rolls out of bounds at the one-yard line but it goes out for a touchback.

*Marcelino Ball commits a carless penalty to move Purdue within field goal range, but Dellinger can't convert on the 39-yard attempt. IU leads 21-10 at the half.

*Justus misses a field goal from 40 yards out and Purdue has 54 seconds remaining in the half to put a drive together.

*On 3rd and long, Ramsey lost the ball trying to fake a hand-off to James before picking it back up and scrambling for a short gain.

*Purdue goes 3-and-out and IU gets the ball back before the end of the half. Philyor has a 38-yard catch-and-run to start the drive.

*TOUCHDOWN: James holds his ground and refuses to fall down, muscling his way into the end zone from three yards out. Justus' extra point makes it 21-10 Hoosiers (Q2, 3:20 remaining).

*Philyor and Ramsey sell the end-around, play-fake to the right, leaving Hendershot wide open on the left. He gets a block and takes the ball to the three-yard line.

*TOUCHDOWN: O'Connell connects with Hopkins for a 72-yard TD, Purdue's longest play from scrimmage this season. The Boilermakers are closing in on the Hoosiers' lead, trailing 14-10 (Q2, 7:04 remaining).

*IU's punt team comes out for the first time today. Whitehead's punt falls at the Purdue 25-yard line.

*FIELD GOAL: Dellinger hits from 20 yards out and Purdue is on the board. IU leads 14-3 (Q2, 9:52 remaining).

*Purdue's Horvath goes up the middle for a gain of 48 yards, the team's longest rush of the season. He breaks a tackle on his next carry and runs for 20 more yards. The Boilermakers are within striking distance for the first time today.

*TOUCHDOWN: James takes the ball to the one, and Ramsey punches it in past the goal line on 4th down. Hoosiers up 14-0 after Justus converts the extra point (Q2, 12:39 remaining).

*On a 4th and 2 just past midfield, junior Jerome Johnson gets to O'Connell for a loss of 13 yards and a turnover on downs.

*IU is hit with defensive holding and roughing the passer penalties on 3rd down to extend Purdue's second drive of the day.

*TOUCHDOWN: Ramsey buys time on 3rd down, scrambles out of the pocket and finds Philyor wide open in the back of the end zone. IU on the board first with a 7-0 lead (Q1, 5:38 remaining).

*Junior quarterback Peyton Ramsey finds sophomore tight end Peyton Hendershot on his first pass attempt of the day for a gain of seven yards.

*Freshman Sampson James fills in for sophomore Stevie Scott at IU's starting running back position. James nearly rushed for 40 yards on his first two carries and the Hoosiers have the ball near midfield.

*INTERCEPTION: Sophomore Jamar Johnson rises up to intercept O'Connell in the end zone. Johnson attempted to run the ball out but only made it to the nine-yard line.

*O'Connell completes his first pass of the day for first down yardage on 3rd and 8. Next play, the Boilermakers execute a screen pass for a pick up of 31 yards.

*Purdue won the coin toss and opted to receive the opening kick. IU will get the ball coming back from halftime.

*Junior receiver Whop Philyor is active for the Hoosiers today. Philyor was knocked out of IU’s loss at Penn State on November 16 with a hit to the head, and then missed the final game of the season at Memorial Stadium last Saturday.

*The Boilermakers hold a 74-41-6 advantage over the Hoosiers all time in the Old Oaken Bucket series. Each team was 5-6 headed into the last two meetings in 2017 and 2018, with Purdue winning both to clinch bowl eligibility. 

*Hello and welcome to today's Instant Recap for IU football's rivalry week matchup with the Purdue Boilermakers. Opening kick is scheduled for 12pm from Ross-Ade Stadium in West Lafayette.