arts community events

‘Rocky Horror’ to make 14th appearance at the Buskirk

entrhps100619.jpg

The cult classic “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” returns Oct. 26 to the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. There will be two separate showings, one at 8 p.m. and one at midnight. 

The 8 p.m. showing will cost $15 in advance, whereas the midnight showing will cost $20. Both prices will increase by $5 when purchased at-the-door. Prop bags that include items such as rice and playing cards will cost $5 to further the “Rocky Horror” experience with audience participation. 

This is the Buskirk’s 14th annual screening of “Rocky Horror,” and proceeds from the event will support Cardinal Stage’s IU Credit Union Education Initiative, a program that makes theater activities available for children. 

Attendees should plan on arriving a half hour early to view or participate in the costume contest. By paying $5, people can enter the contest dressed as their favorite “Rocky Horror” character in hopes of winning prizes. Drag queen Oriana Peron will lead the contest.

Additionally, Peron will be conducting the “devirginization” ritual, where first-time attendees will be invited onto the stage to participate in the unusual initiation ceremony, where people attempt to say words like "entomology" seductively, as well as having to eat popcorn off of people. 

For more information, visit the Buskirk-Chumley’s website. Tickets are available at the Buskirk box office or online.