IU women's basketball ranked in top 25 by AP preseason poll

<p>Freshman guard Grace Berger shoots the ball during IU&#x27;s third round Big Ten Tournament game against Iowa on March 8 in Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The IU women&#x27;s basketball team was ranked No. 24 in the nation, according to the Associated Press top-25 preseason poll released Wednesday.</p>

Freshman guard Grace Berger shoots the ball during IU's third round Big Ten Tournament game against Iowa on March 8 in Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The IU women's basketball team was ranked No. 24 in the nation, according to the Associated Press top-25 preseason poll released Wednesday.

IU women’s basketball will begin the season ranked No. 24 in the nation, according to the Associated Press top-25 preseason poll released Wednesday.

This is the second time in program history in which IU begins the season ranked. The last time was in the 2016-17 season when it was No. 23.

Earlier this offseason, the Big Ten coaches ranked the Hoosiers third in the conference preseason polls.

Although conference play does not begin until late December, IU will play its lone exhibition game Sunday against McKendree University before its season opener Nov. 7 against Mount St. Mary’s University.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.