Instant Recap: IU falls to Ohio State 51-10

iu football

*TOUCHDOWN (0:00 remaining in Q3) Ramsey throws a 96-yard pick-six to Damon Arnette. Ohio State leads 51-10.

*TOUCHDOWN (4:58 remaining in Q3) Master Teague breaks through a tackle and rushes 40 yards for the score. 44-10 Ohio State.

*IU's Whitehead launches a 51-yard punt that is downed at the 4-yard-line.

*TOUCHDOWN (12:15 remaining in Q3) Justin Fields throws a 4 yard touchdown pass to Dobbins to cap off Ohio State's first drive of the second half. 37-10 Ohio State.

* TOUCHDOWN (1:07 remaining in Q2) Donovan Hale takes a screen on the left side and throws it over the defense to Hendershot, who took it in for the score. 30-10 Ohio State.

* TOUCHDOWN (4:09 remaining in Q2) Dobbins pushes his way through IU's defense and into the end zone. 30-3 Buckeyes.

*IU's Whitehead shanks a punt that travels just 12 yards. Great starting field position for Ohio State.

* TOUCHDOWN (8:30 remaining in Q2) With goal to go for the Buckeyes, Fields throws it cross-field to K.J. Hill in the back of the end zone. 23-3 Ohio State.

* Back-to-back explosive plays. J.K. Dobbins cuts through the defense for a 51 yard run before Allen Stallings records a sack for IU.

* SAFETY (10:15 remaining in Q2) IU's punt is blocked out the back of the end zone. 16-3 Ohio State.

* IU sees another three-and-out. Took two deep shots downfield for Westbrook and Philyor. Balls were hanging in the air too long and coverage made it over in time.

* TOUCHDOWN (11:26 remaining in Q2) Olave flys past his defender and into the end zone for a deep ball from Fields. 14-3 Ohio State.

* IU endures yet another three-and-out on offense. OSU football at IU's 37 yard line.

* Olave drops a ball on 3rd and 7 and OSU will punt it away to IU.

* FIELD GOAL (3:45 remaining in Q1) Justus connects from 29 yard out, his 100th career point. Ohio State lead 7-3.

* Tom Allen not even considering it here. IU will take the points and attempt a 29-yard field goal.

*Ramsey escapes some traffic and turns it into a 20-yard run. Timeout taken for an injured Buckeye. Under 5 minutes remaining in the first quarter.

* IU offense is moving now. Three straight completions to Philyor, Hendershot and Hale, all for positive yardage. Ramsey makes it four in a row with another pass to Hendershot. Hoosiers are 35 yards away from the end zone.

* TOUCHDOWN (7:28 remaining in Q1) Justin Fields walks it into the end zone. Three-yard rushing play, his tenth overall TD of the season. 7-0 Ohio State.

* J.K. Dobbins drops a wide open pass in the end zone, but the Buckeyes will have at least two more chances to punch it in.

*Chris Olave did have a foot in bounds. First down for OSU.

* Big review coming here. Ohio State will either have a fresh set of downs or a 3rd and 5 situation coming up.

* IU has to punt again. No positive plays for the offense yet today. OSU's defense living up to the hype so far.

* Huge break for the Hoosiers here. Haubeil misses a 32-yard attempt. IU will take over on offense.

* Ohio State started its first series from IU's 40 yard line, but the Buckeyes will bring out their field goal unit.

* Ramsey started in place of Penix. IU's first drive on offense ends with a three-and-out. Buckeyes to receive a punt.

* Ohio State won the toss and deferred. The Buckeyes just kicked to the Hoosiers to start things off this afternoon. IU offense will set up from its own 20 yard line after a 14 yard return.

* Redshirt freshman quarterback Michael Penix Jr. is a gametime decision, head coach Tom Allen mentioned earlier this week. Junior quarterback Peyton Ramsey, who threw for 322 yards and three touchdowns in a 49-26 loss at Ohio State last season, would fill in for Penix if he's unable to start under center today.

* The Hoosiers have lost 23 straight meetings to Ohio State dating back to 1991. Ohio State also held a 23-game win streak over IU from 1960 to 1986.

* Hello and welcome to today's Instant Recap for IU's second home game of the season against the No. 6 Ohio State.