arts performances

Bob Dylan and band to perform Oct. 27 at IU Auditorium

entbobdylan090919.jpg

Singer-songwriter, poet and author Bob Dylan will perform at 8 p.m. Oct. 27 at the IU Auditorium.

Known for his influential music and literature that addressed political and social issues of the 1960s, Dylan has received Grammy, Academy and Golden Globe awards. Along with being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Dylan was also presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Nobel Prize for Literature.

Much of Dylan's most well-known works date back to the 1960s when many of his songs, including "The Times They Are a-Changin" and "Blowin' in the Wind," became anthems for civil rights, anti-war and counterculture movements.

Tickets for the show will go on pre-sale at 1 p.m. Sept. 12 for IU email members and will be open to the general public at 10 a.m. Sept. 13. Tickets will be available on www.bobdylan.com, the Ticketmaster website or at the IU Auditorium box office, which is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Ticket prices range from $59.50 to $89.50.

Students can save $25 by buying a student ticket at the IU Auditorium box office only with a valid student ID. Ticket sales are limited to two per person.

Bob Dylan & His Band also performed at IU in 2009 and 2017, when Mavis Staples, a prominent R&B gospel singer and civil rights activist, visited as a special guest.