crime & courts

Suspect exposes penis to Rural King employee Monday, returns Tuesday and does it again

An unidentified man removed his pants and began touching his penis while a Rural King employee helped him shop Monday night. He returned Tuesday afternoon and exposed his penis again to the same employee. 

Bloomington Police Department Capt. Ryan Pedigo said Rural King reported the incident immediately following the man's second exposure around 2:55 p.m. Tuesday. 

A 35-year-old female employee told police she was helping a male customer shop Monday, and when he asked her questions, he would place his hand on her buttocks. They were walking near the clothes and boots when the suspect placed his hand on the victim's buttocks again. She looked down and saw the man had exposed his penis and was touching it. 

The victim told police she walked away from the man and later reported the incident to her manager. The manager planned to obtain security footage of the suspect before notifying police. 

Pedigo said the man returned to Rural King on Tuesday and asked the same employee to let him into a fitting room. The employee took him to the room and used her foot to hold the door open while he entered. The man exposed his penis to her after he entered the fitting room. The employee left to find her manager.

Pedigo said Rural King gave officers security footage of the incident that showed the man leaving Rural King immediately after the victim fled at 2:52 p.m. Tuesday. 

Police are attempting to identify and locate the suspect. The investigation is active.