COLUMN: Miley and Liam have an uncertain future

opmiley082019.jpg

Summer may have come to an end, but I can promise you that the drama has not. 

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth are done for good, and Miley is already focused on getting over the breakup.

If you haven’t heard about Cyrus and Hemsworth splitting, here’s a quick rundown of how it all happened.

Cyrus and Hemsworth married back in December, and the internet was abuzz after his proposal to Cyrus fell through in 2012.

On Augu st 10,it was announced that Hemsworth and Cyrus were no longer together. Cyrus was on vacation with Kaitlynn Carter, who had recently ended her marriage with Brody Jenner that lasted just over a year.

Images arose of Cyrus and Carter making out on their trip to Italy, and that’s when the scandals started coming about.

It was shortly after these pictures made their way to social media that the split was confirmed. 

Hemsworth was caught by paparazzi just a couple days after the announced split and was not keen on commenting. 

“You don’t understand what it’s like,” Hemsworth commented to The Daily Mail Australia. “I don’t want to talk about it, mate.”

The next day, Hemsworth issued a statement on Instagram. Here's some of what he said:

"Just a quick note to say that Miley and I have recently separated and I wish her nothing but health and happiness going forward. This is a private matter and I have not made, nor will I be making, any comments to any journalists or media outlets."

Cyrus also made a post about nature on Instagram on Aug. 11 that many believe alluded to the breakup.

"Don’t fight evolution, because you will never win. Like the mountain I am standing on top of, which was once under water, connected with Africa, change is inevitable."

At the time of the kiss, Cyrus and Hemsworth were reportedly still together.

It may not be so coincidental that Cyrus and Carter both emerged from their marriages at approximately the same time.

More rumors emerged when Cyrus and Carter were spotted in Los Angeles meeting Cyrus’ mom, Tish Cyrus.

A source told People about the relationship the two girls shared. 

“Miley is very close with Kaitlynn. It’s romantic, but it’s also a friendship,” the source said. “They are both going through similar stuff right now and are bonding over it.”

Jenner does not seem too bothered by the split of him and Carter, as he is already with 22-year-old model Josie Canseco and was ‘miserable’ during his marriage.

It's unclear what form their relationship will take from here, but one thing is certain, it has us paying attention.