Men's golf receives Team Academic Award for seventh consecutive season

<p>IU men&#x27;s golf Assistant Coach Corey Ziedonis and junior Evan Gaesser attend the Big Ten Men&#x27;s Golf Tournament on April 27, 2018. IU participated in the Redhawk Invitational on April 1-2 in University Place, Washington. </p><p></p>

IU men's golf Assistant Coach Corey Ziedonis and junior Evan Gaesser attend the Big Ten Men's Golf Tournament on April 27, 2018. IU participated in the Redhawk Invitational on April 1-2 in University Place, Washington.

The Golf Coaches Association of America announced a list of Team Academic Awards across the NCAA. IU men's golf made the list for the seventh straight season.

To be eligible for GCAA Outstanding Team Academic honors a college or university must submit GPAs for each player on their official squad list for the academic year.

The Hoosiers were one of 193 schools across all divisions to record a team GPA of 3.0 or higher and were one of seven Big Ten schools.

Thirty-two of the 193 schools earned Presidents Special Recognition Honors, finishing with a team GPA of 3.5 and above.

The University of New Mexico was named the Division I Academic National Champion for finishing with the top overall GPA.

When school starts back up in August, IU men's golf will take to the greens in early September to begin its 2020-21 season.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.