administration academics & research

Four new degree options approved by trustees for IU-Bloomington

News-filler

The IU Board of Trustees has approved four new degrees for the IU-Bloomington campus, according to an IU press release.

A Masters of Science in genome, cell and developmental biology and a Masters of Science in neuroscience have been approved and will be offered by the College of Arts and Sciences.

A Masters of Arts in curatorship was also approved and will be housed in the University Graduate School. This degree will be comprised of courses from the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering and the O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs.

A Bachelors of Science in data science was approved to be offered by the School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering in collaboration with the Departments of Statistics, Mathematics and Linguistics in the College of Arts and Sciences. Students in this degree program will choose one of five specialization tracks — foundational data science, data systems, network and applied data science, data sciences design, and biological and health data science — and complete a two-semester capstone in their fourth year.

These degrees still await approval by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.