arts   |   community events

Union Board to screen ’The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part’ at the IMU

entlegobrief042119

“The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” will be shown at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Whittenberger Auditorium in the Indiana Memorial Union. Movie Stills Database Buy Photos

“The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” will be shown at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Whittenberger Auditorium in the Indiana Memorial Union.

The screening is part of the Union Board Film Series. IU students, faculty and staff receive free admission with their CrimsonCard. Attendees without a CrimsonCard can see the movie for $2.

The movie was released in February and is the fourth film in “The Lego Movie” franchise, following 2014’s “The Lego Movie” and “The Lego Batman Movie” and “The Lego Ninjago Movie,” both from 2017.

The movie follows the cast of the original trying to defend the city of Bricksburg from invaders from outer space, who are actually just a different set of Lego products designed for younger children. The movie features the voices of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Tiffany Haddish and more as well as the live action performances of Maya Rudolph and Will Ferrell.

More in Arts