arts   |   performances   |   music

The Singing Hoosiers to perform annual spring concert ‘Go West!’ at the MAC

entsingingbrief042319

The Singing Hoosiers open a show in 2018 with the “Indiana Opener,” “Let the River Run” and “I’ve Got a Robe." IU’s Singing Hoosiers’ 69th annual spring concert, “Go West!” will be at 8 p.m. April 27 at the Musical Arts Center. Andrew Williams Buy Photos

IU’s Singing Hoosiers’ 69th annual spring concert, “Go West!” will be at 8 p.m. April 27 at the Musical Arts Center. This will be the last event of the school year for the group of more than 80 instrumentalists and singers.

The Singing Hoosiers is a Grammy-nominated group composed of IU students that performs contemporary numbers through song and dance. The group is directed by Jacobs School of Music professor Chris Albanese. The ensemble began as a men’s choir ensemble through the music school and became the Singing Hoosiers in the 1950s before adding women shortly after its creation, according to the ensemble’s website.

This year’s event will also include male and female barbershop quartets and tap dancers, according to the group’s Facebook page. This event has previously happened at the IU Auditorium but will take place at the MAC this year.

Tickets cost $5 for students and range from $10 to $25 for adults. The tickets can be purchased online or by calling the MAC box office at 812-855-7433.

More in Arts