Juwan Morgan to take part in 3X3U National Championship

spiubbmorgan40319.jpg

Just a few weeks removed from his final college basketball game, senior Juwan Morgan is back on the court with his Big Ten Conference teammates.

The Big Ten team for the 2019 Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship was announced Wednesday, and it features the former IU forward.

Morgan is joined on the Big Ten team by three other seniors from the conference: Wisconsin’s Ethan Happ, Nebraska’s Glynn Watson Jr., the lone guard on the team and Minnesota’s Jordan Murphy.

The second annual tournament will take place this weekend inside the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. Like last year’s edition, the tournament will feature four-player teams representing each of the 32 conferences in Division I men’s college basketball.

The teams will play three-on-three games in pursuit of the overall title, winning prize money along the way.

The tournament begins with pool play Friday and Saturday. The Big Ten will play the Ivy League on Friday night and then the Horizon League and the Big Sky Conference on Saturday.

Elimination round games will take place Sunday.

All players in the tournament are seniors who have exhausted their NCAA eligibility, meaning they can compete for the $150,000 prize pool. The winning team will split $100,000, which is double the prize money from last year’s event.

The rest of the money will be awarded to teams in $1,000 installments based on results during pool play.

In the first edition of the tournament last year, former IU guard Robert Johnson and the Big Ten team won first place.

All games in the tournament will be broadcast on Twitter or ESPN2.