Jake Forrester enters name into NCAA transfer portal

spiubbtransfer40319.jpg

The exodus of players from the IU men's basketball team appears to be continuing just a week after the 2018-19 season came to an end.

On Wednesday, freshman forward Jake Forrester entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal, becoming the third player to do so this offseason. The other two players were redshirt sophomore guard Vijay Blackmon and sophomore forward Clifton Moore.

Forrester played in 13 games this past season, averaging 2.1 points, 1.3 rebounds and 4.3 minutes played per game. Like Moore and other bench players, Forrester’s appearances were infrequent, despite Head Coach Archie Miller stating a desire to better incorporate role players as the season went on.

The longest Forrester played in a game this season was nine minutes during a February win at Michigan State, although he played just four more games the rest of the season.

While his in-game contributions were few and far between, Forrester gained attention for his pregame warmup routine, which featured elaborate and powerful dunks.

Forrester arrived at IU as a three-star recruit from Westtown School in West Chester, Pennsylvania. He was the No. 148-ranked high school recruit nationally according to 247Sports.

The decision to enter his name in the transfer portal doesn’t mandate that Forrester will transfer from IU, although it does mean he is looking to continue his career at other schools.

Should Forrester transfer, it would give IU two open scholarships for next season after one opened up with Moore leaving the program. That number could grow to three if freshman guard Romeo Langford leaves school to turn professional.