Instant Recap: IU men's basketball easily defeats Rutgers on Senior Day

IUvsIL

* POSTGAME

FINAL: IU defeats Rutgers 89-73.

Hoosiers finish the regular season with a 17-14 overall record and a 8-12 mark in Big Ten games.

IU gets a first-round bye for next week's Big Ten Tournament and will open the Big Ten Tournament Thursday in Chicago.

Juwan Morgan finishes with 25 points on 11-13 shooting on Senior Day. Nice ending for the Hoosiers, who got to put rarely used seniors Johnny Jager and Quentin Taylor into the game as well.

Nice ovation for Romeo Langford as well in potentially his final Assembly Hall game.

Postgame speeches to follow from all five of the IU players set to be honored.

* Under-4 timeout: IU leads Rutgers 81-60.

Romeo Langford and Devonte Green each have 16 points to compliment the 23 from Morgan.

* Under-8 timeout: IU leads Rutgers 75-53.

Hoosiers in full, full control in Bloomington. Morgan has 23 on 10-11 shooting and Green has 16 on 6-8 shooting.

Rutgers hasn't made a field goal in the last six minutes. The victory should just be a formality at this point for IU.

* Timeout Rutgers (12:28 to go in the game) IU leads Rutgers 66-46.

A 6-0 run by IU in the last 42 seconds has likely put the game out of reach for Rutgers.

Juwan Morgan with 23 points on 10-10 shooting for the Hoosiers, just a phenomenal Senior Day performance by him.

* Under-16 timeout (15:44 to go in the game) IU leads Rutgers 54-42.

Been a very slow start to the second period filled with fouls. Juwan Morgan has three of them now for IU but he is set to check back in out of this stoppage.

Three IU players have scored 10 or more points.

HALFTIME: IU leads Rutgers 46-36.

Juwan Morgan was the story of the first part of the half for IU, but foul trouble kept him out of most of the second part. Still has 12 points and 6 rebounds at break.

Morgan, Phinisee and Smith all have two fouls.

IU handled Morgan's absence well, going 15-18 from the free-throw line.

Devonte Green has 12 points off the bench for the Hoosiers on 4-5 shooting with just one turnover.

* Under-4 timeout (2:45 to go in the first half) IU leads Rutgers 40-30.

The Hoosiers are still keeping the Scarlet Knights at an arm's length away, although the lead did become only single digits for a little bit.

Transition offense has been really good from IU today, as players like Devonte Green, Al Durham and Rob Phinisee are pushing the tempo well for Coach Archie Miller's team.

Morgan has two fouls now for IU and likely won't play the rest of the half per Miller's foul strategy.

* Under-8 timeout (7:36 to go in the first half) IU leads Rutgers 33-19.

Morgan still leading the way with 12 points and 6 rebounds for the Hoosiers.

Justin Smith and Rob Phinisee each have two fouls.

* Under-12 timeout (11:51 to go in the first half) IU leads Rutgers 23-11.

It's the Juwan Morgan show so far in Bloomington.

On Senior Day, the senior forward has 12 points and five rebounds, outscoring Rutgers by himself just eight minutes into the game.

His points have come from converting at the rim after receiving passes from IU's guards, as well as fighting and scraping for a ton of rbeounds and turning them into points. He looks flat-out unstoppable right now.

* Timeout (15:20 to go in the first half) IU leads Rutgers 12-7.

Rutgers opened the game with a 5-0 lead, but IU then went on a 12-2 scoring run.

Juwan Morgan has six points for the Hoosiers, and the Hoosiers have made six of their last seven shots overall.

* The game has started and Rutgers wins the opening tip.

* Here are the starting lineups for today's game.

* It's also Senior Day for IU. The Hoosiers will honor five players — forwards Evan Fitzner and Juwan Morgan and guards Johnny Jager, Quentin Taylor and Zach McRoberts — before and after the game.

* Rutgers beat IU in the earlier meeting between the teams this season, 66-58, in late Janaury in New Jersey.

* It is the final regular season game for both IU, 16-14 overall and 7-12 in the Big Ten, as well as Rutgers, 14-15 overall and 7-12 in the Big Ten. The winner of today's game with receive a first-round bye for next week's Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament in Chicago, and the winner will be either the No. 8 or No. 9 seed for the conference tournament.

* Hello and welcome to today's live updates page for the men's basketball game between IU and Rutgers.