* FINAL: IU defeats Illinois 92-74.
* Under-4 timeout (3:19 to go in the game) IU leads Illinois 85-71.
Fighting Illini have staged a mini-comeback over the past few minutes thanks to some missed free throws by IU and made 3-pointers by Illinois.
* Under-8 timeout (7:36 to go in the game) IU leads Illinois 77-60.
A few fans beginning to file out of the State Farm Center now, with the Hoosiers still in contorl of this one.
Justin Smith, Rob Phinisee, and Juwan Morgan all have double-digit points for the Hoosiers.
* Under-12 timoeut (11:50 to go in the game) IU leads Illinois 71-52.
A lot of fouls have been called recently in this game, including a technical foul on De'Ron Davis for arguing with the officials.
Hoosiers remain in complete control of the game, and with a 40-18 points in the paint advantage, it's hard to see the Illinois defense vastly improving anytime soon.
* Under-16 timeout (15:35 to go in the game) IU leads Illinois 63-48.
Hoosiers have jumped all over Illinois to start the new half.
Juwan Morgan has 16 points and is one rebound away from a double-double, while Rob Phinisee is dominating his one-on-one matchup with Trent Frazier.
* HALFTIME: IU leads Illinois 52-42.
Tonight marks the most first-half points scored by IU since the season-opener aganist Chciago State.
Eight different Hoosiers have scored in tongiht's game, led by Juwan Morgan with 11 points. Six made 3-pointers is also an added benefit for the Hoosiers tonight.
IU has a 30-12 points in the paint advantage against Illinois, as the Fighting Illini are frankly helpless on the inside right now against IU.
Foul trouble isn't quite an issue, yet, for IU, as Morgan and Justin Smith each have two fouls.
Hoosiers led for more than 50 percent of the first half, and there really isn't a good reason right now why they can't come out in the second half with the same aggression to put the Fighting Illini away early.
No Race Thompson so far tonight, as its been a steady diet of De'Ron Davis and Morgan in the IU frontcourt.
* Under-4 timeout (3:45 to go in the first half) IU leads Illinois 43-34.
Rob Phinisee and Juwan Morgan each have nine points for the Hoosiers, who also have a 24-12 points in the paint advantage against the Fighting Illini.
IU also with a 16-9 rebounding advantage.
Lot of offense, minimal defense so far between the two teams.
Meanwhile in Indianapolis, the IU women's basketball team has defeated Minnesota to begin its Big Ten Tournament.
* Under-8 timeout (7:46 to go in the first half) IU leads Illinois 32-24.
Seven different Hoosiers have scored in the first half so far.
At this point during last weekend's game against Michigan State, only Justin Smith had a made field goal for the Hoosiers.
* Under-12 timeout (11:12 to go in the first half) IU leads Illinois 20-16.
Evan Fitzner enters the game for the Hoosiers and converts on a three-pointer, before De'Ron Davis' block on defense spurred a nice transition layup from Romeo Langford.
Hoosiers on an 8-0 run in the last 1:28 of game time. Illinois hasn't socred in the last 2:31.
Real lack of energy in the State Farm Center right now despite it being Illinois' Senior Night.
* Under-16 timeout (14:59 to go in the first half) IU and Illinois are tied at 10.
Romeo Langford with four points to lead the way for IU so far, but it's been a back-and-forth battle between the teams.
Hoosiers are 0-3 from three-point range to start the game. No turnovers for either team, but eight of IU's points have come in the paint.
* Here is the starting lineup for both teams.
* The starting lineup for IU is Romeo Langford, Justin Smith, Juwan Morgan, Al Durham and Rob Phinisee.
* It's Senior Night for Illinois, 11-18 overall and 7-11 in conference play, while IU is 15-14 overall and 6-12 in conference play. The Hoosiers likely need to win both of their remaining regular season games in order to try and reach the NCAA Tournament.
* Hello and welcome to tonight's live updates page for the men's basketball game between IU and Illinois.
Like what you're reading? Support independent, award-winning college journalism on this site. Donate here.
More in Sports
A fantasy baseball draft may have been more intriguing than IU's performance.
IU trailed Saint Francis by six points at halftime.
IU has 66 runs in its five game win streak.