arts performances music

Grammy-winning group Los Lonely Boys to play at Buskirk-Chumley

entlonely031819

The American Chicano rock trio Los Lonely Boys will perform at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater.

The three Garza brothers, Henry, Jojo and Ringo, describe their music as Texican rock n’ roll. They recorded their first self-titled debut album 15 years ago.

Los Lonely Boys got its big break playing at bars in Austin, Texas, when country music artist Willie Nelson showed up at one of their gigs, after hearing some demos from his nephew.

Nelson began advocating for Los Lonely Boys, giving the musicians recording time at his studio at the Pedernales Country Club, and was a guest artist on their album.

They have since gone on to receive a Grammy in 2005 for best pop performance by a duo or a group with vocals for their single “Heaven” and have had four other Grammy nominations.

The band has five albums, “Los Lonely Boys,” “Sacred,” “Forgiven,” “Rockpango” and its most recent, “Revelation.” Rebecca Stanze, associate director at the Buskirk-Chumley, said Los Lonely Boys are a part of the wide variety of performances offered at the theater.

“Texican rock is one of their labels and that’s obviously unique in the music biz but also unique to our particular line up this year,” Stanze said.

Doors for the event open at 7:30 p.m. Blues band Mike Milligan and Steam Shovel will be performing prior to the show.

Tickets are sold online, at the box office and over the phone, and they start at $35.