Union Board to screen 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' at the IMU

<p>There will be free screenings of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" on March 1-3 at the Indiana Memorial Union's Whittenberger Auditorium.&nbsp;</p>

There will be free screenings of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" on March 1-3 at the Indiana Memorial Union's Whittenberger Auditorium. 

The Indiana Memorial Union Board will host screenings of “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” at 8 p.m. March 22-23 and 2 p.m. March 24 at the Whittenberger Auditorium in the Indiana Memorial Union.

This event is part of the Union Board Film Series, which offers IU students, faculty and staff free admission with their Crimson Card. All non-IU attendees can see the movie for $2. 

“Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” features the voices of Shameik Moore and Hailee Steinfeld and follows Brooklyn teenager Miles Morales, who becomes Spider-Man in his dimension after being bitten by a radioactive spider. Morales goes on to meet different versions of the superhero from different dimensions across the universe.

The film grossed over $35 million during its opening weekend in the United States and received a score of 97 percent on review aggregator site Rotten Tomatoes. The film also won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature at the 91st Academy Awards on Feb. 24, beating other movies such as “Incredibles 2” and “Isle of Dogs.” 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.