'The Price is Right Live' to bring high-priced prizes to IU Auditorium

<p>Audience members for "The Price is Right" have fun during a commercial break. “The Price is Right Live” is coming to IU at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at the IU Auditorium.</p>

Audience members for "The Price is Right" have fun during a commercial break. “The Price is Right Live” is coming to IU at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at the IU Auditorium.

Bloomington residents will have the chance to win appliances, vacations and a new car at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at the IU Auditorium when “The Price is Right Live” comes to Bloomington.

The interactive game show brings the popular television game show to life, filling stages around the country. Randomly selected show contestants will have the opportunity to participate in  games such as Plinko, Cliffhangers, the Big Wheel and the Showcase. 

Contestant registration starts three hours before the start of the show. People do not have to purchase a ticket to register, but they must be 18 or older. The contestants for the show will be randomly drawn at the start of the show. Audience members will also have an opportunity to win prizes from their seats even if they are not selected.

Potential contestants who have not bought tickets will not gain access to the live show, and will be brought to another area near the Auditorium. If during the selection a name is drawn and the person is not in the audience, an employee will bring them inside. 

The live show premiered in 2003 and has given away over $12 million in cash and prizes since. "The Price is Right Live" also features a celebrity host. Previous hosts for the show have included Jerry Springer, Todd Newton and Marc Summers. 

Tickets for the show range from $29-$49 and are available online or at the IU Auditorium box office. For more information about how to become a contestant, visit the box office. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments