* FINAL: Iowa defeats IU 77-72.
Game was there for the taking for the Hoosiers, but too many empty offensive possessions in the second half with a lack of off-ball movement meant IU couldn't make enough shots.
Two clutch 3-pointers, and many free throws, from Iowa's Jordan Bohannon on possessions on either side of the 1-minute mark gave Iowa a seven-point lead that was maintained through late game fouling by IU.
Hoosiers now 13-10 this season with a 4-8 conference mark.
Iowa is now 18-5 this season with a 7-5 record in Big Ten games.
IU is at home to Ohio State on Sunday afternoon.
* Under-4 timeout (3:47 left in the game) Iowa leads IU 64-59.
De'Ron Davis with a chance to make it a three-point deficit with free throws after the break.
Iowa is just 7-21 from the field this half, while IU is 9-20.
* Under-8 timeout (7:34 left in the game) Iowa leads IU 62-54.
Hoosiers had closed it to just a six-point gap, but Jordan Bohannon made a basket and was fouled entering the timeout.
Juwan Morgan is back in the game with four fouls for IU, as Archie Miller is willing to risk it with Morgan just one foul away from disqualification.
* Under-12 timeout: Iowa leads IU 57-48.
IU is without a field goal in nearly five minutes, and Juwan Morgan being seated squarely on the IU bench isn't helping matters.
Lot of empty offensive possessions for IU, and while time isn't quite running out yet, the Hawkeyes are just one run away from putting the game out of reach. Iowa's 18-5 points off turnovers advantage and 13-0 bench points advantage have helped tell the tale of this game.
* Under-16 timeout: Iowa leads IU 53-47.
Juwan Morgan has four fouls for IU, one away from being disqualified from the game. He has 13 points for IU while Durham and Langford both have 12. All other Hoosiers have a combined 10 points, and still no bench points for IU.
Tyler Cook is up to 17 points for Iowa.
* HALFTIME: Iowa leads IU 46-36.
Al Durham leads IU with 12 points, one of his best halves as a Hoosier, but IU has had no bench points in the opening 20 minutes.
Iowa has made seven 3-pointers, and while all 13 of Tyler Cook's points have come from inside the arc, all 12 of Joe Wieskamp's points have come from behind the arc.
Juwan Morgan's two fouls limited him toward the end of the half, but his nine points paced the Hoosiers to start.
Devonte Green is 0-3 from the field with three turnovers, while De'Ron Davis also has two fouls, but leads the team with five assists.
* Under-4 timeout (3:55 left in the first half) Iowa leads IU 31-29.
A 9-0 run from the Hoosiers featuring Justin Smith and De'Ron Davis working a give-and-go, along with a 3-pointer from Al Durham, has IU right back in the game.
Joe Wieskamp has four 3-pointers for Iowa, while Juwan Morgan leads IU with nine points but has two fouls.
Durham coming on strong with seven points for IU as well.
* Under-8 timeout (7:39 left in the first half) Iowa leads IU 26-18.
It's a 10-0 run that Iowa is currently enjoying, and the Hoosiers are without a point in the last five minutes.
Iowa's zone defense is flummoxing the Hoosiers, who are winning the interior battles against the Hawkeyes, but to no avail on the scoreboard. IU already in the bonus for the rest of the half.
* Under-12 timeout (11:34 left in the first half) Iowa leads IU 21-18.
You get the feeling this is going to be a back-and-forth kind of game in Bloomington tonight.
Joe Wieskamp is 3-3 on 3-pointers for the Hawkeyes tonight, as he has accounted for all of Iowa's offense from behind the arc.
Without Juwan Morgan and Rob Phinisee on the court, IU's offense had several poor possessions in a row, including a turnover committed by Damezi Anderson right before the media timeout.
IU still shooting a very effective 7-11 from the field, but four turnovers so far in front of a loud Assembly Hall crowd.
* TIMEOUT IOWA (14:32 left in the first half) IU leads Iowa 15-11.
A slow start from the Hoosiers has turned into a four-point lead for the home team thanks to active defense and some smart basketball on the offensive end.
IU is currently on a 13-2 scoring run in just three minutes, capped by a Juwan Morgan 3-pointer. Good aggressive basketball so far on offense from freshman guards Romeo Langford and Rob Phinisee, but Juwan Morgan is 3-3 from the field with seven points.
* Iowa won the opening tipoff for tonight's game and Tyler Cook scored the game's opening points pretty quick after it via a layup. Romeo Langford missed a 3-pointer to start the offensive day for IU.
* Here are the starting lineups for tonight's game.
* IU enters the game following an upset win on the road at then-No. 6 Michigan State, while Iowa recently defeated then-No. 5 Michigan at home.
* Hello and welcome to tonight's live updates page for the men's basketball game between IU and No. 20 Iowa.
Like what you're reading? Support independent, award-winning college journalism on this site. Donate here.
More in Sports
Morgan's last three games were his best.
Westbrook is one of 137 nominees.
Westbrook and Harden are both ball-dominant guards.