* FINAL: Ohio State defeats IU 55-52.
Hoosiers had a couple late game situations to tie or take the lead, but three bad offensive possessions to end the game doomed their chances of winning.
Off-balance 3-pointers and missed layups kind of plagued IU throughout today's contest, and while neither tea played particularly good, IU made more of those costly mistakes.
That's four straight home losses for IU now, and IU is 13-11 overall and 4-9 in conference games.
* Under-4 timeout (3:38 left in the game) Ohio State and IU are tied at 47.
The Hoosiers haven't led in today's game, but have the chance to do so thanks to back to back 3-pointers from Romeo Langford and Devonte Green.
De'Ron Davis continues to impress with his passing, as he's up to two assists today and double-digit assists in recent games.
Both teams remain really sloppy with the ball, failing to find quality shots and just committing a lot of turnovers. Very sloppy game will have a big-time finish in terms of the importance to IU's season.
* Under-8 timeout (7:27 left in the game) Ohio State leads IU 44-38.
For all the air-balled shots and missed layups that have plagued a stagnant IU offense today, the Hoosiers are within two possessions of the Buckeyes.
IU likely won't be winning this game with distance shooting though, as the Hoosiers are 0-6 on 3-pointers in the second half.
* Under-12 timeout (11:55 left in the game) Ohio State leads IU 39-34.
The Hoosiers are in the bonus for the rest of the game, but Ohio State has still kept IU at arms-length this half.
Romeo Langford leads IU with seven points, and Juwan Morgan converted a layup plus a resulting foul shot for his first points of the game.
* Under-16 timeout (15:17 left in the game) Ohio State leads IU 34-25.
Hoosiers briefly had the game tied at 23, but then a 7-0 Ohio State run restored a comfortable lead for the visitors.
Juwan Morgan with no points on 0-5 shooting so far today, but he does have nine rebounds.
* HALFTIME: Ohio State leads IU 23-21.
Both teams shot worse than 40 percent from the field in the opening half, which featured a combined 14 turnovers.
Romeo Langford's five points lead IU, while Ohio State's leading scorer is Kaleb Wesson with six points.
Hoosiers used solid defense down the stretch to climb back into the game, as Ohio State didn't score for the final three minutes of the half.
* Under-4 timeout (3:45 left in the first half) Ohio State leads IU 21-14.
Offensive urgency is at a minimum for IU. Hoosiers haven't scored in the last 2:59 of the game.
The two teams are a combined 15-39 shooting the ball. They've also combined for 12 turnovers.
* Under-8 timeout (7:38 left in the first half) Ohio State leads IU 16-12.
Pace of today's game is quite slow, neither team is playing very effectively on offense.
Romeo Langford and Luther Muhammad each have five points. Ohio State with a 12-6 rebounds advantage, but Buckeyes have committed six turnovers.
* Under-12 timeout (11:54 left in the first half) Ohio State leads IU 11-9.
A nice 7-0 scoring run over the last two minutes has the Hoosiers right back in the game.
Lot better offensive possessions from IU, but some active defense from Romeo Langford and Devonte Green has easily led to fast break points for IU.
* Under-16 timeout (14:59 left in the first half) Ohio State leads IU 11-2.
IU got off to a mess of a start on offense. The Hoosiers are 1-5 from the field, but have had several possessions extend late into the shot clock and result in poor shot attempts from the field.
Justin Smith in particular is struggling to find meaningful space on offense and also is finding himself out of position often on defense. Luther Muhammad with five early points for the Buckeyes.
* Here are the starting lineups for today's game.
* The Hoosiers have lost three straight home games, while Ohio State has won its last two games and three of its last four.
* Hello and welcome to this afternoon's live updates page for the men's basketball game between IU and Ohio State.
Like what you're reading? Support independent, award-winning college journalism on this site. Donate here.
More in Sports
Murphy had 23 points and 11 rebounds in a 21-point Minnesota win.
IU ended the regular season at the University of Notre Dame this weekend
IU has lost 10 of its last 11 games.