bloomington

These eight Bloomington spots are perfect for Instagram

IURedClock.jpg

IU is one of the most photogenic college campuses in the United States, offering a multitude of Instagram-worthy locations for one’s profile. Here’s a list of some of the best places to visit while in Bloomington to snap a picture.

Sample Gates: One of the most popular and well-known spots on campus are the Sample Gates. These gates stand tall above Kirkwood Avenue, making them one of the most desired photo opportunities on campus.

View this post on Instagram

Happiest auntie ever

A post shared by a ü b . (@aubracious_) on

The downtown square: The square is great for picture opportunities especially during the holiday season. Each year, Bloomington strings up holiday lights around the base of the monument in the square, giving visitors the picture perfect snapshot.

Herman B Wells statue: Incoming freshmen and graduating seniors have the tradition of snapshotting themselves shaking the hand of the Herman B Wells statue. Whether one has gotten accepted into IU or has graduated from here, this picture is one many students enjoy keeping as as a way of saying congratulations.

Memorial Stadium: Cheer on the Hoosiers by repping your tailgate outfit and posing with a bunch of your friends at Memorial Stadium. The stadium offers multiple photo opportunities such as in front of the football field, beside Hep’s Rock or along the outside of the stadium itself.

Showalter Fountain: Another iconic picture opportunity is at the Showalter Fountain. During the warmer seasons, students will wade in the water of the fountain. During the winter, they can take a picture with the snow in the background. This spot is one of the most famous and is a staple to IU culture, making it a great photo spot.

Jordan Hall Greenhouse: Filled with exotic flowers, plants and other greenery, the Jordan Hall Greenhouse is a great spot to take an artsy picture. 

Red Clocks: One of the most iconic symbols at IU are the red clocks. These clocks are located all around campus, and whether it’s sunny or snowing, pictures of the clocks themselves or with you in front of them, always make for an Instagram-worthy picture.

View this post on Instagram

embrace the basic

A post shared by lydia schmitt (@lydschmi) on

Light Totem at Eskenazi Museum of Art: One of the traditions freshmen will take part in during orientation is sitting with their feet up against the Eskenazi Museum of Art wall and watching the multicolored lights change above them from the Light Totem. This snapshot is a great way to remember your time as a freshman on campus.