news   |   student life

Wondering what restaurants are still open in Bloomington? Here's your guide to late night eats.

dsc-0207

Campus Craves founders Brayden Sammons and Hunter Haines pose behind the counter. The two of them started planning the store their senior year of high school. Jacob deCastro Buy Photos

The sun has gone down, the dining halls are closed and the only thing left to eat is microwavable mac and cheese. 

However, when people are asleep in Bloomington, there are still places wide awake offering a late night snack.

Z & C Teriyaki and Sushi is located at 430 E. Kirkwood Ave. It is open until 3 a.m. on Saturday nights. Haley Klezmer Buy Photos

Z&C: Located at the heart of Kirkwood Avenue lies sweet and sour chicken, steaming rice and packed sushi rolls. A popular option for hungry students looking for a late night meal, Z&C is a go-to restaurant with flexible hours: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday and Monday, 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. Tuesday to Friday, and 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. on Saturday.

The Big Cheeze is typically parked in front of Switchyard Brewing Company at 419 N. Walnut St. Haley Klezmer Buy Photos

The Big Cheeze: What’s cooler than grilled cheese? Grilled cheese on wheels. The Big Cheeze is a food truck that offers an array of different grilled cheese sandwiches and appetizers. The Big Cheeze can be found in front of Switchyard Brewery from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.

Pizza X Campus is located at 1791 E. 10th St. It is open until 4 a.m. from Thursday to Saturday. Haley Klezmer Buy Photos

Pizza X: This IU staple is a place to get pizza at a late hour. Pizza X delivers, allowing for easy access to college comfort food. Pizza X Campus locations are open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Sunday to Monday, 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, and 11 a.m. to 4 a.m. Thursday to Saturday.

Wheel Pizza is located at 430 E. Kirkwood Ave. It is open until 3 a.m. from Thursday to Saturday. Haley Klezmer Buy Photos

Wheel Pizza: Wheel Pizza is famous for offering students fast, late night pizza slices on Kirkwood Avenue. All of Wheel Pizza’s slices are priced at under $5, allowing for extra cover cash, or additional dipping sauces. Wheel Pizza is open Sunday, Monday and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m., and Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m.

Campus Craves: Started by IU students, Campus Craves offers treats including ice cream, edible cookie dough, dessert sandwiches and fried appetizers. Campus Craves can be found at 208 N. Walnut St. and runs from noon to 11 p.m. Sunday to Wednesday and 12 p.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday to Saturday.

Denny’s: Looking for some late night breakfast food before the sun rises? Located along North Walnut Street, Denny’s is open 24/7 and offers an array of food to help fill any hungry stomach, making it an easy option for night owls.

Steak 'n’ Shake: All kinds of late night grub such as french fries, cheeseburgers and frisco melts are available at this classic diner. Located on North College Avenue, Steak 'n' Shake will be there for you 24/7.

Baked! of Bloomington: If a sweet tooth is what’s keeping you up at night, Baked! of Bloomington is a restaurant that offers freshly baked cookies customized to one’s exact cravings. Baked! is found on North Washington Street, and delivery options are also available. Hours are 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. Sunday to Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 4 a.m. Thursday to Saturday.

Correction: A previous version of this story incorrectly stated the hours and location of the Big Cheeze. The IDS regrets this error.

More in News