* FINAL: IU defeats No. 24 Marquette 96-73 to start the 2018-19 season with a 3-0 record.
The Hoosiers were led in scoring by freshman guard Romeo Langford, who scored 22 points.
Evan Fitzner hit four of IU's nine three-pointers, and the Hoosiers limited the Golden Eagles to just 42 percent shooting on field goals.
IU plays Arkansas on Sunday afternoon in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
* Under-4 timeout: IU leads No. 24 Marquette 88-64 with 3:39 to go in the game.
IU's lead remains a comfortable 24 points heading into the final moments of this contest.
Five Hoosiers are now in double figures scoring the ball, led by Romeo Langford's 16 points.
Hoosiers have out rebounded the Golden Eagles 33-25.
* Under-8 timeout: IU leads No. 24 Marquette 75-52 with 7:25 to go in the game.
The outcome of this game is decided, as Marquette's last lead was 2-0 and came within the game's first minute.
Four Hoosiers have scored in double figures, and Rob Phinisee now has seven assists.
Evan Fitzner is now 4-4 from downtown, and IU as a team is 9-20 shooting three-pointers.
* Under-12 timeout: IU leads No 24 Marquette 65-44 with 11:13 to go in the game.
Evan Fitzner picked up his fourth foul for IU, but its unlikely the Hoosiers will need him to win this game the rest of the way.
Al Durham is up to nine points scored while Justin Smith now has eight for himself.
Marquette is changing things up defensively, using a press defense and a 2-3 zone defense against IU in periods, but the Golden Eagles haven't found much success with either.
* Under-16 timeout: IU leads No. 24 Marquette 61-39.
Justin Smith has a high-flying dunk to his name.
Juwan Morgan is working hard inside to get second-chance points and rebounds, and Romeo Langford has 20 points for IU.
Hoosiers are in control against the Golden Eagles.
* HALFTIME: IU leads No. 24 Marquette 47-34.
IU used a big run during the early part of the first half to stay ahead against Marquette, then the Hoosiers made five of their final six shots of the half while the Golden Eagles missed their last four.
IU's leading scorer is Romeo Langford with 15 points, and then Evan Fitzner has 13 points. But, Fitzner's minutes will like be restricted in the second half as he picked up three fouls during the first half.
Langford did his damage inside, dribbling through Marquette defenders on his way to the basket, while Fitzner made a fair number of perimeter shots and hook shots.
Al Durham and Rob Phinisee have played well at the point guard position for IU. They've combined for only nine points, but also have nine assists and just one turnover.
Marquette has gone through hot and cold stretches of shooting the ball. Durham and Phinisee have contributed significantly on the defensive end by limiting Markus Howard to just seven points and forcing him to commit three turnovers.
The Golden Eagles are led in scoring by Sam Hauser with 14 points.
* Under-4 timeout: IU leads No. 24 Marquette 42-24 with 4:00 to go until halftime.
Romeo Langford and Evan Fitzner have taken the game over offensively for the Hoosiers.
Langford has 12 points and has shown off his ball-handling skills, finding ways to reach the basket by dribbling in between and all around Marquette defenders.
Fitzner meanwhile has splashed multiple three-point shots, and he's a perfect 5-5 from the field with 13 points.
Defensively the Hoosiers have done a really good job limited success for Markus Howard, who has just four points in 15 minutes.
* Under-8 timeout: IU leads No. 24 Marquette 31-22 with 7:58 to go until halftime.
Instead of Markus Howard, it has been Sam Hauser leading the Golden Eagle offense so far tonight. He has 14 point son 6-9 shooting from the field.
Juwan Morgan has scored all five of his points during this period for the Hoosiers, while Justin Smith has two fouls against him.
Phinisee and Durham each have four assists for IU. The Hoosiers three-point shooting remains somewhat poor, as it currently sits at 4-10.
* Under-12 timeout: IU leads No. 24 Marquette 24-13 with 11:38 to go until halftime.
The Golden Eagles have started to play better on offense, forcing the ball inside and finding some success against IU forward Evan Fitzner.
At the other end, Fitzner is off to a great start shooting the ball. He's made all three of his field goal attempts, including two three-pointers. Both three-pointers have come from deep behind the three-point arc, as well.
Al Durham and Rob Phinisee each have three assists. Phinisee in particular continues to impress with his fluid passing and secure ball handling.
* Under-16 timeout: IU leads No. 24 Marquette 19-4 with 14:56 to go in the first half.
Rob Phinisee has played lock-down defense to start the game, helping force four turnovers by the Golden Eagles. Three of those turnovers have come from star Marquette guard Markus Howard.
On offense, IU is both driving to the rim and pulling up for distance three-pointers. Al Durham leads with seven points while Romeo Langford has five points.
* Al Durham scores IU's first points of the game from the foul line.
Marquette and IU are tied 2-2 with 19:09 to go until halftime.
* The injury bug has bitten IU ahead of tonight's contest, with forward Zach McRoberts (low back strain), guard Devonte Green (thigh contusion), forward Race Thompson (practice collision) and forward Jerome Hunter (leg) all out hurt.
* The IU starting lineup is guards Romeo Langford, Rob Phinisee and Al Durham and forwards Justin Smith and Juwan Morgan.
* Both the Hoosiers and Golden Eagles are 2-0 to start the season, having beaten inferior nonconference opponents before tonight's game.
* Hello and welcome to tonight's live updates page for the IU men's basketball team's home game against No. 24 Marquette.
Like what you're reading? Support independent, award-winning college journalism on this site. Donate here.
More in Sports
Oladipo said he wants to focus on rehabbing his right leg.
Maurice Creek and Remy Abell are both on the court for team Sideline Cancer.
Changes include allowing quarterbacks to throw to receivers.