* FINAL: No. 3 Duke defeats IU 90-69.
It was bad from start to finish for Coach Archie Miller's team.
The Hoosiers never led at Cameron Indoor Stadium and the Blue Devils opened up a double-digit lead inside the game's opening seven minutes and it never went away. From that point Duke led by as much as 27 and as little as 12.
RJ Barrett, who fouled out midway through the second half, and Zion Williamson combined for 47 points for the Blue Devils.
IU shot 25-64 from the field as a team and was led in scoring by Romeo Langford with 13 points.
IU opens Big Ten Conference play Saturday against Northwestern.
* Under-4 timeout (3:38 left in the game) No. 3 Duke leads IU 83-62.
All over but the final buzzer now for the Hoosiers.
De'Ron Davis was emphatically blocked at the rim on a dunk attempt to send the game to the final media timeout.
Romeo Langford is now IU's leading scorer with 13 points, but has had a poor day shooting from the field, going 3-14 overall and missing all four of his three-pointers.
IU as a team is 5-16 shooting threes.
* Under-8 timeout (7:17 left in the game) No. 3 Duke leads IU 74-54.
RJ Barrett has fouled out of the game for the Blue Devils. His time on the court was meaningful though as he contributed 22 points, 9 rebounds and teamed up with Zion Williamson for a couple of highlight-reel material fast breaks.
The turnovers have stopped from the Hoosiers but the scoring is still a bit spread out with Al Durham getting his first points of the game.
Very likely it is too little, too late now, whatever Archie Miller may have up his sleeve.
* Under-12 timeout (11:59 left in the game) No. 3 Duke leads IU 67-43.
Duke is beginning to turn on the style with the game nearing out-of-reach territory for the Hoosiers.
Zion Williamson had a thunderous windmill dunk in the first half, and now he has an alley-oop dunk and assist to his name in the last two Duke possessions.
He and RJ Barrett have combined for 46 points.
* Under-16 timeout (15:49 left in the game) No. 3 Duke leads IU 57-32.
The turnover problem hasn't gotten better for IU, as the visitors now have committed 18 turnovers tonight at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Evan Fitzner remains IU's leading scorer with 12 points. Defensively the Hoosiers have allowed three Blue Devils to reach double figures.
Archie Miller is looking increasingly exasperated with each turnover by his club.
A positive has been that Zach McRoberts and Devonte Green have both been able to play tonight, but neither has been overly effective and neither has scored.
* HALFTIME: No. 3 Duke leads IU 53-29.
* Under-4 timeout (3:40 left in the first half) No. 3 Duke leads IU 38-25.
The game doesn't even feel as tight as 13 points because of how careless IU has been with the ball.
Hoosiers have 13 turnovers, including 5 from Justin Smith.
Duke's play has been stellar, capped off by a Zion Williamson windmill dunk on a breakaway following an IU turnover. Poor free-throw shooting and a lot of moving screens by Duke have kept the game as close as it is.
* Under-8 timeout (7:44 to go in the first half) No. 3 Duke leads IU 29-16.
Langford leads IU with six points, but turnovers on offense are being a problem for the visitors.
Hoosiers have nine turnovers compared to just two for the Blue Devils.
Frustration has been evident in various moments from Archie Miller and his players.
Floor spacing also not great so far from players like Evan Fitzner.
* Under-12 timeout (11:38 to go in the first half) No. 3 Duke leads IU 22-10.
Jack White has been a problem for the Hoosiers in transition early on tonight.
He has made two wide-open three-pointers to help stretch the Blue Devil lead to a dozen points.
Archie Miller has now played both Devonte Green and Zach McRoberts in tonight's game.
* Under-16 timeout (15:03 to go in the first half) No. 3 Duke leads IU 15-8.
The Hoosiers were sent into a tailspin early on as they dealt very poorly with a pressing defense form the Blue Devils, but Coach Archie Miller's group have settled into the game okay.
Williamson has six points for the hosts, while Romeo Langford and Justin Smith each have four points, making them IU's only two scorers.
Juwan Morgan is currently out of the game with two fouls for the Hoosiers.
* Zion Williamson starts the scoring in the game with an interior layup after Duke wins the tipoff. Duke leads 2-0.
* Both Zach McRoberts and Devonte Green will play for the Hoosiers tonight, as they both went through pregame warmups.
* Tonight's starting lineup for both teams is as follows.
* Hello and welcome to tonight's live updates page for the nonconference men's basketball matchup between IU and No. 3 Duke.
Like what you're reading? Support independent, award-winning college journalism on this site. Donate here.
More in Sports
Oladipo said he wants to focus on rehabbing his right leg.
Maurice Creek and Remy Abell are both on the court for team Sideline Cancer.
Changes include allowing quarterbacks to throw to receivers.