Graduating students display artwork in Grunwald Gallery through December

grunwald1

Then-junior Nicolas Martinez enters the Grunwald Gallery of Art, a gallery on the second floor of the Fine Arts Building that features art by professionals and students.  Emily Eckelbarger Buy Photos

The Grunwald Gallery opened the BFA Thesis Exhibition Tuesday, an exhibit that will stay open until Dec. 8, according to the School of Art, Architecture and Design's website. 

The show features works by students graduating with SOAAD's Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. Each piece of work features student's artwork from different disciplines within the studio. Projects in digital art, ceramics, graphic design, metalsmithing and painting are a few of the areas within the degree that are being shown, according to SOAAD's website. 

The 14 students exhibiting their artwork participate in the planning of their shows and the installation of their pieces in order to gain professional experience in a gallery. There will be an awards ceremony for the thesis show at 5 p.m. Dec. 7 followed by a reception in the Grunwald Gallery from 6 to 8 p.m. More information can be found online at SOAAD's website. 

More in Arts