sports field hockey

Amanda Janney Misselhorn steps down as head coach

photo

Former IU field hockey Coach Amanda Janney Misselhorn has stepped down from the position, according to an IU Athletics release. A search for a new coach is underway.

Janney Misselhorn decided to step down due to personal reasons, according to the release. 

“I hope that my coaching and life lessons continue to positively influence these strong, confident women,” Janney Misselhorn said in the release. “After coaching for 20 years, I need to focus on my family and my health. At this time, it is best for me and best for the program that I step down."

Assistant coaches Nicole Volgraf and Pim Van Paassen will remain in their positions until a new coach is hired. 

Under Janney Misselhorn IU went 27-48 overall while going 9-23 in the Big Ten. In her first season, IU went 5-3 in the conference, marking the first winning Big Ten record for the program since 2009.

However, since that first season, IU never won more than three Big Ten games in a season.

"We appreciate the significant contributions that Amanda has made to IU Field Hockey and to the many students that she coached," Glass said in the release. "Amanda is a class act and will be a tremendous success in whatever career she chooses. We wish her and her family all the best in their future endeavors."

Senior Associate Athletic Director Kristin Borrelli will oversee the program until a new coach is hired. Borrelli will also lead the search for a new coach.