5-star recruit Trayce Jackson-Davis commits to IU men's basketball program

<p>A basketball shoots through the hoop during a shootout competition at the 2018 Hoosier Hysteria on Sept. 29 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.&nbsp;</p>

A basketball shoots through the hoop during a shootout competition at the 2018 Hoosier Hysteria on Sept. 29 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. 

On Friday afternoon, IU Coach Archie Miller picked up his first five-star recruit, and his second overall recruit, for the 2019 class as Center Grove High School center Trayce Jackson-Davis committed to IU via Twitter.

Jackson-Davis also signed his National Letter of Intent to play for the Hoosiers.

Davis who plays for Center Grove in Greenwood, Indiana, is the second-ranked player in the state of Indiana, the No. 4 center and the No. 16 overall player based on 247Sports rankings.

He selected IU over UCLA and Michigan State.

Davis joins guard Armaan Franklin, a three-star prospect in the 247Sports rankings from Cathedral High School in Indianapolis, as part of the 2019 class for the Hoosiers.

The pair will play each other Friday night in a high school game at Center Grove, before Jackson-Davis and his team will visit Bloomington for a game against Bloomington High School North on Saturday night at 7:30 p.m.

Davis averaged 21.6 PPG and 9.5 RPG last season for the Center Grove Trojans. 

IU assistant coach Tom Ostrom was the lead recruiter for Jackson-Davis. With the commitment and signing of Jackson-Davis, IU now has 13 scholarship players for the 2019-20 season.

Jackson-Davis also becomes the fifth Indiana native to commit to IU since last summer.

This marks the second consecutive year IU has received a commitment from a five-star prospect, after Romeo Langford chose to come to Bloomington earlier this year.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments