IU softball announces ACC/Big Ten Challenge schedule

<p>Then-sophomore utility player Gabbi Jenkins high-fives assistant coach Kendall Fearn during a game against Michigan in the 2018 season. Jenkins had three hits against Boston College on Feb. 17 to give IU a win in the 2018 ACC/Big Ten Challenge.&nbsp;</p>

Then-sophomore utility player Gabbi Jenkins high-fives assistant coach Kendall Fearn during a game against Michigan in the 2018 season. Jenkins had three hits against Boston College on Feb. 17 to give IU a win in the 2018 ACC/Big Ten Challenge. 

Last season IU softball got its first win of the season in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. On Thursday, the 2019 ACC/Big Ten Challenge matchups were announced.

IU will travel to Durham, North Carolina, to take on Duke and Syracuse over a three-day span. On Feb. 15, the Hoosiers will start things off with a single game against the Blue Devils.

IU will then play a doubleheader against Syracuse and Duke the next day before another matchup with Syracuse on Feb. 17.

In the 2018 ACC/Big Ten Challenge, IU was outscored 15-10 over the four games. The lone win came against Boston College with a score of 8-3. Junior outfielder Gabbi Jenkins strung together three hits as a leadoff hitter in that victory.

The remainder of the 2019 schedule is expected to be released within the coming weeks.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.