Hoosiers in the NFL: Week 7 recap

Jordan Howard

Bye weeks and injuries meant only five former IU football players played in NFL games this past weekend, but two of them ended up scoring touchdowns for their teams.

Both former Hoosier running backs in the NFL found the end zone during week seven.

Atlanta Falcons running back Tevin Coleman scored on a 30-yard touchdown run Monday night during Atlanta's 23-20 home win against the New York Giants. It was Coleman's second rushing touchdown of the season, and he finished Monday's game with 11 rushes for 50 yards, along with two catches for 32 yards.

Jordan Howard of the Chicago Bears also scored a touchdown, but his score came as part of a losing effort. Howard's Chicago Bears lost 38-31 at home to the New England Patriots, but he finished the game with 12 rushes for 39 yards. His touchdown came via a two-yard run in the second quarter.

A pair of former IU offensive guards, who both play for Los Angeles-based teams, came out victorious after their Sunday games.

Dan Feeney of the Los Angeles Chargers made his seventh start of the season as his team defeated the Tennessee Titans 20-19 at Wembley Stadium in London.

Rodger Saffold of the Los Angeles Rams made his 102nd NFL start as the Rams defeated the San Francisco 49ers 39-10 on the road. The Rams are the only undefeated team left in the NFL with a 7-0 record.

Lastly, tight end Ian Thomas appeared, but did not record any statistics, for the Carolina Panthers during their 21-17 road win against the Philadelphia Eagles. Former IU quarterback Nate Sudfeld is still a backup quarterback for the Eagles, but he is yet to make an appearance for the defending Super Bowl champions this season.