Hoosiers in the NFL: Week 6 recap

SPORTS FBN FALCONS-RAIDERS 15 SJ

During week six of the NFL season, seven former IU football players took the field for their respective teams.

Running back Tevin Coleman was the lone Hoosier to score a touchdown during this past week's games. Coleman caught a six yard pass from quarterback Matt Ryan for a touchdown as Coleman's team, the Atlanta Falcons, beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 34-29.

Coleman now has three total touchdowns this season — two receiving and one rushing. He also had 10 rushing attempts for 35 yards during Sunday's game.

Linebacker Chris Covington continues to receive playing time for the Dallas Cowboys. During Dallas' 40-7 win Sunday afternoon against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Covington played in his third NFL game.

Tight end Ian Thomas also appeared in an NFL game for the Carolina Panthers, but recorded no statistics, as Carolina lost in Washington D.C. to the Redskins, 23-17.

Also on Sunday, Los Angeles Chargers offensive guard Dan Feeney made his sixth start of the 2018 NFL season. Feeney has started all six of the Chargers' games as Los Angeles improved its record to 4-2 with a 38-14 road win in Cleveland against the Browns.

While Feeney's Chargers cruised to a win, Jordan Howard's Chicago Bears suffered a heartbreaking 31-28 overtime loss in Miami against the Dolphins.

Howard had 14 rushing attempts for 69 yards, but he also fumbled for the first time this season. That fumble came at Miami's one yard line in the second quarter of the game.

Even before Sunday's slate of NFL games, a former IU player already made his mark on the week of NFL games. Wide receiver Cody Latimer had three catches for 52 yards for the New York Giants in a 34-13 home loss to Philadelphia.

But, the fifth-year player won't be making plays for the Giants for the foreseeable future after he was placed on injured reserve, due to a hamstring injury, after the game.

Lastly, offensive guard Rodger Saffold and the Los Angeles Rams maintained their undefeated start to the season with a 23-20 win in Denver against the Broncos. 

Like Feeney, Saffold has started all six games for his team this season, giving Saffold 101 career professional starts.