arts performances music

Bloomington shows and concerts to catch this month

The Bishop

October is coming to an end, and that means holiday music will soon take over. But there’s still time to catch a local show or concert this Halloween season. Check out this listing of upcoming concerts and shows happening inBloomington the rest of the month.

The Bishop

9 p.m. Oct. 29 - Mega Bog, Amy O and Heaven Honey, $8, 18+

Alternative/indie musicians Mega Bog, Amy O and Heaven Honey will be performing at The Bishop this month. Each of these artists have a multitude of songs and albums available on Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music and SoundCloud that they will be performing at this event.

9 p.m. Oct. 30 - Masked Intruder with Applecore and Amuse, $15, 18+

American pop punk band Masked Intruder is coming to the Bishop. The four band members are known for wearing different colored ski masks on stage, never revealing their identities. The band has brought their fast-paced punk beat across the United States, Europe and Australia. Masked Intruder will also perform with the bands Applecore and Amuse.

The Bluebird

9 p.m. Oct. 26 - Rod Tuffcurls and the Bench Press, $10, 21+

The Bluebird is bringing Rod Tuffcurls and the Bench Press back to their stage this month. The four-man band, which focuses on a genre of dance and rock 'n' roll covers, will be playing shows across the U.S. throughout the rest of the year. 

9p.m. Oct. 27 - The Main Squeeze, $10, 21+

This American funk band just recently dropped a new single “It Ain’t Me” and is available to listen to on Apple Music and Spotify. With a variety of songs, albums and music videos, this band is one students won’t want to miss.

The Players Pub

9 p.m. Oct. 25 - Back to Basics Tour: The Widdler X Pushloop, $10, 18+ 

Sub.mission and Sub.Terranean Entertainment are coming together to bring dub producers the Widdler and Pushloop to the Players Pub this Halloween. The concert is Halloween-themed and there will be a costume contest with prizes for the top three.

8:30 to 11 p.m. Oct. 26 - Chris Duarte Group, $10

The Players Pub will feature blues and jazz player Chris Duarte this month. Duarte has headlined at major festivals and events across the U.S., Canada and Europe and plays more than 150 dates every year. Duarte covers different artists while maintaining his own sound. Each show is different as Duarte’s set lists change depending on the atmosphere.

5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 27 - The Uke-Tones, $5

Bloomington’s only ukulele band is coming to the Players Pub to perform special Halloween music for those looking to get in the spooky spirit.

7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 28 - Sam Finley Trio, $5

The Sam Finley trio will play jazz, funk and blues, including covers of artists such as Kenny Garrett, Hank Crawford and Roland Kirk.

Buskirk-Chumley Theater

5:30 p.m. Oct. 26 Spooky Beats and Movie Treats, Free

The Bloomington Community Band will be presenting a showcase of macabre music to accompany black-and-white horror videos in their “Tunes From the Crypt” performance. Spooky tunes such as Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” The Addams Family theme song and Bach’s “Toccata and Fugue in D Minor” will be played in this Halloween celebration. Families, children and costumes are welcome.

Auer Hall

8 p.m. Oct. 25 - New Music Ensemble- “Halloween Concert,” Free

Check out IU’s New Music Ensemble in their Halloween Concert where “Closet Full of Demons,” “Ghost Theater” and “Frankenstein!!” will be played in light of the Halloween season.

IU Auditorium

Oct. 30-31 - "Spamalot"

The critically acclaimed musical, "Spamalot", is coming to IU Auditorium this October. A musical version of the comedic parody “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” “Spamalot” tells the story of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table as they venture for eternal life and glory. Tickets are available here.