arts   |   music   |   bloomington

Sunflower Bean with Kevin Krauter to perform at the Bishop

Entsunflowerbean091818

The Bishop Bar is located at 123 S. Walnut St. The New York City-based band Sunflower Bean is set to play at 9:30 p.m. Thursday. IDS file photo Buy Photos

A guitar band at its core, the New York City-based band Sunflower Bean will be showcasing their sound at 9:30 p.m. Thursday at the Bishop Bar.

The trio of musicians — Julia Cumming, Jacob Faber and Nick Kivlen — released their second album in March of this year titled “Twentytwo Blue." The trio emphasized that although the color blue is considered sad, their album wasn’t intended to be morose, and instead they wanted it to be rousing, romantic insightful and empathetic, according to Visit Bloomington’s website

The opening act for Sunflower Bean is Indiana-based songwriter Kevin Krauter, who, apart from playing bass guitar for the Bloomington band Hoops, released his solo record “Toss Up” this year. Krauter’s newest album runs in the style of artists such as Yo La Tengo or Clientele according to a Stereogum review

Tickets for the 18+ show can be purchased in advance at Landlocked Music on Walnut Street, online or at the door for $12. 

More in Arts