News you need to know for Monday, Sept. 3

morning rundown site.jpg

The KKK organized a cookout in Madison. A few hundred protesters weren't having it.

IMG_2547.JPG
Members of the Ku Klux Klan in Madison, Indiana, raise their hands and shout, “White power.” People on the opposite side of the fence shouted several things back in response, like "Black lives matter."  Ty Vinson

Protesters chanting "no hate in our state" managed to drown out the hate group's microphone. Read more here. 

Trump critics protest outside Evansville rally

IMG_1822.JPG
President Trump turns and raises both of his fists toward the crowd before heading off stage. The President’s campaign organized a rally in Evansville, Indiana to show support for Mike Braun, a U.S. Senate candidate.  Ty Vinson

The protesters said they supported environmental protection, democracy, fair economy and equality. Read more here. 

IU quarterbacks show efficiency in season-opening victory

ids1.jpg
Redshirt sophomore quarterback Peyton Ramsey runs the ball during the IU spring game Saturday in Mellencamp Pavilion. Ramsey threw for 156 yards and 3 touchdowns against Florida International Saturday. Bobby Goddin

Peyton Ramsey and Michael Penix Jr. combined for 252 passing yards and four touchdowns in IU's win Saturday at Florida International. Read more here. 

Bloomington GarlicFest features local artists, musicians

IMG_7563.JPG
As assortment of garlic cloves from Living Roots Ecovillage were for sale Saturday at the 2018 Bloomington GarlicFEST.  Alex Deryn

The Bloomington GarlicFest had everything from yoga to cake made with garlic. Read more here.