men's basketball women's basketball

Instant Recap: IU basketball returns with Hoosier Hysteria

The Indiana student section reacts to a shot during the Hoosiers' game against the Iowa Hawkeyes in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on Dec. 4. The 2018 version of Hoosier Hysteria takes place Saturday afternoon.

* That will do it for the festivities from Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. The 2018 basketball season is on the horizon for both programs with exhibition play starting in about a month.

* The scrimmage finished with the White team defeating the Red team 29-25. Defense was played without too much intensity, as would be expected during a 15-minute public scrimmage.

Freshman forward Jake Forrester made several nice plays in transition on offense and guarding the basket on defense.

Players have now left to sign autographs for fans.

* The men's team scrimmage has started. Graduate forward Evan Fitzner began the scrimmage with a made 3-pointer, while sophomore guard Al Durham converted a successful alley-ooo pass to redshirt freshman forward Race Thompson.

* The final round of the men's dunk contest was between forward Justin Smith, guard Romeo Langford and forward Jake Forrester after a crowd vote.

The winner was Langford after a second fan vote.

* The combined 3-point shooting contest was won by men's forward Juwan Morgan and women's redshirt junior forward Brenna Wise.

The duo combined for 20 made 3-pointers in the final round to win. 

* IU men's basketball Coach Archie Miller and women's basketball Coach Teri Moren both addressed the crowd briefly to start Hoosier Hysteria. 

"It never gets old. Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall with all these people in here, gets the blood boiling, so to speak," Miller said. "We have an exciting group to work with. I think you'll enjoy watching them grow together."

Moren also welcomed former players Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill to the court before IU's 2018 WNIT Championship banner was displayed and raised to the rafters.

* During men's player introductions, the loudest cheer was for freshman point guard Romeo Langford.

* The 2018 WNIT Championship banner has been raised at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

* The IU women's team was first to be introduced on the court. Former players Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill were also welcomed back.

* Hoosier Hysteria began with an elaborate on-court graphics show.

* Here are the pairings for this year's 3-point shooting contest.

* The event usually features player introductions, speeches to the crowd from the coaches of both teams, as well as a 3-point shooting contest and a men's team scrimmage.

* Hello and welcome to the live updates page for 2018's edition of Hoosier Hysteria. The annual event signals the start of the men's and women's basketball seasons for IU.