Tuesday, March 19

Men's basketball schedule announced for 2018-2019 season

IU Coach Archie Miller yells at the IU basketball team in a huddle during the Hoosiers' game against the Iowa Hawkeyes in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on Dec. 4. IU's 2018-19 men's basketball schedule has been finalized, and most games also have television channels and times designated.

The IU men's basketball season is just around the corner, so now Hoosier fans can begin planning their visits to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall and time in front of the television accordingly.

On Sept. 6, the Big Ten Conference announced the tip-off times and television designations for games under league control during the 2018-19 season.

The announcement came as part of the release of IU's 2018-19 men's basketball schedule.

Hoosier Hysteria will be at 4 p.m. Sept. 29 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. An IU Athletics release said more information about the event will be available in coming weeks, but the IU women's basketball program already announced it will raise its 2018 WNIT Championship banner during the women's basketball portion of the event.

IU will play only one men's basketball exhibition game prior to the start of the regular season. The exhibition will be against the University of Southern Indiana on Nov. 1.

Prior to the start of Big Ten play, IU will play seven nonconference games, five of which are in Bloomington.

Chicago State, Montana State and Marquette will all come to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in early November, while the University of Texas at Arlington and the University of California at Davis will visit during the second half of the month.

In road nonconference play before the start of Big Ten season, IU will travel to Arkansas on Nov. 18 and Duke on Nov. 27.

Like all other Big Ten teams, IU will play one home and road conference game between Nov. 30 and Dec. 6.

IU will play Northwestern at home Dec. 1 and play at Penn State on Dec. 4.

Nonconference play finishes for the Hoosiers with marquee matchups against Louisville in Bloomington and Butler in Indianapolis as part of the Crossroads Classic. The Hoosiers also face Central Arkansas and Jacksonville in late December.

The remainder of the season features the Hoosiers traversing the Midwest for Big Ten action. 

IU will not play any night games Saturday or Sunday during its conference schedule.

IU plays Purdue at 2 p.m. Jan. 19 in West Lafayette, Indiana, before the two teams meet again in Bloomington at 7 p.m. Feb. 19. 

Other notable conference matchups include games against defending regular season conference champion Michigan State on Feb. 2 and March 2, as well as against conference tournament champion and national runner-up Michigan on Jan. 6 and Jan. 25.

Senior day for IU will be at noon March 10 against Rutgers.

In total, IU will play on the Big Ten Network a total of 10 times, as well as six times each on FS1 and ESPN/ESPN2.

The Hoosiers will also have three games broadcast on BTN Plus — Hoosier Hysteria, the exhibition against Southern Indiana and the Hardwood Classic home game against UC Davis.

The 2019 Big Ten Tournament will take place from March 13-17 at the United Center in Chicago.