Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate.

Hoosiers throwers represent IU at the Spec Towns Invitational

<p>Junior David Schall competes in the shot put in the Hoosier Open on Dec. 8 in Harry Gladstein Fieldhouse.</p>

Junior David Schall competes in the shot put in the Hoosier Open on Dec. 8 in Harry Gladstein Fieldhouse.

Most of the Hoosier track and field athletes took this weekend off to rest, with the exception of three male field event athletes. 

The Hoosier throwers traveled to Athens, Georgia, for the Spec Towns Invitational at the University of Georgia. 

Senior Andrew Miller performed the first day of the invitational in the hammer throw. Miller placed in fourth with 60.90 meters. 

Day two saw both the shot put and discus throw. Junior Willie Morrison finished fifth in the men’s shot put with a mark of 17.12 meters and junior David Schall took sixth in the shot put with a mark of 16.76 meters. Morrison also competed in the discus, ending with a mark 53.60m and finishing in sixth place. 

The Hoosiers will be back in action next weekend when the team travels to Knoxville, Tennessee, for the Tennessee Relays.

Julia Briano

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.