crime & courts bloomington

Man arrested after allegedly trying to force threesome

A man who called the police to report a disturbance early March 27 was initially arrested for the alleged offense of sexual battery.

The Monroe County Prosecutor later decided there was not enough evidence to file charges in relation to this case.

Eric Foltz, 56, called and said people were invading his space around midnight Tuesday. The dispatcher who answered the call said they could hear yelling in the background and a woman saying “Don’t touch me.” 

Police arrived to find three people — Foltz, one 33-year-old man and one 29-year-old woman — standing outside of an apartment on West Allen Street on the West side of Bloomington.

The woman told police Foltz sexually assaulted her.

She reported the other man invited her to Foltz’s apartment, and he was with Foltz at the time.

The woman said she started to feel uncomfortable with Foltz when he tried to convince her and the other man to be intimate with each other and him on a bed he made in the kitchen area of the apartment. 

She told police she declined and Foltz grabbed her breasts and buttocks. The other man confirmed seeing this happen and said Foltz was trying to persuade them to have sex.

The man said he and the woman ran into another room of the apartment and tried to lock the door to escape Foltz. That was when Foltz called the police, reporting a disturbance.

When officers arrived, Foltz declined to talk to them and told them he was ready to go to jail.

Foltz has been arrested in the past on charges of driving infractions and one charge of carrying a handgun without a license. 

This article has been updated.