crime & courts bloomington

Three women reportedly assaulted, threatened with knife Saturday morning

An 18-year-old male who threatened three women with a knife was taken into custody early Saturday morning.

Two of the three victims are related to Tolliver. Their ages are 17, 21 and 39 respectively.

According to victim statements taken by police, the male, Logan Tolliver, grabbed one woman around the neck and forced her to the ground. He then began hitting her. 

He took the phone of one of the victims, preventing her from calling the police.

Tolliver grabbed the second woman off the ground and threw her across the room, according to police records.

He then went into the apartment's kitchen and grabbed a knife.

The two victims ran into the bedroom of a third woman and all three locked themselves in her bathroom. Tolliver followed with the knife.

When he could not open the bathroom door, Tolliver began to kick it until it came off of its hinges. He stood in the doorway and prevented the women from exiting.

Police responded to the scene in the 1300 block of North Arlington Park Drive after receiving a call from a third party. 

The individual who called in said one of the women had messaged her over social media, alerting her to the situation.

Officers secured the scene upon arrival and removed the women from the building. Police reports say they could see Tolliver through an open door once the victims were all secured.

None of the victims suffered knife wounds.

Tolliver was booked into jail at about 5:45 a.m. and he faces charges of strangulation, intimidation, domestic battery and criminal confinement among others, according to Bloomington Police Department.